NEWS.VA (available in English, Español, Français, Italiano, Português)
(See also: NEWS.VA Facebook page)
News.va is a service provided by the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, in cooperation with the media offices of the Holy See, including, Fides News Agency, L’Osservatore Romano, the Holy See Press Office, the Vatican Information Service, Vatican Radio, the Vatican Television Center (CTV) and the Internet Office of the Holy See. The purpose of News.va is to feature on one website the latest news from the Vatican media.
Vatican Radio (available in more than 30 languages)
(See also: Vatican Radio English section Facebook page)
Vatican Radio is the official broadcasting service of the Vatican.
Set up in 1931 by Guglielmo Marconi, today its programs are offered in 47 languages, and are sent out on short wave (also DRM), medium wave, FM, satellite and the Internet.
Today, programming is produced by over two hundred journalists located in 61 different countries.
Vatican Insider (available in English, Italiano and Español)
(See also: Vatican Insider Facebook page)
Vatican Insider is a project run by the Italian daily newspaper “La Stampa”. The website provides comprehensive information on the Vatican, the activities of the Pope and the Holy See, the Catholic Church’s presence on the international scene and on religious issues.
ROME REPORTS TV News Agency
(Available in English and Español)
ROME REPORTS is an independent international TV news agency based in Rome, Italy, specializing in covering the Pope and the Vatican. The agency instantly offers the latest news from Rome as well as a Weekly Program “The World Seen From The Vatican”
Good for those who do not have to time to read a long article and prefer video news reports.
Zenit News Agency
Information service focuses on a range of news, primarily:
– The activities of the Pope, particular emphasis to the activities of the Holy Father and his addresses.
– Interviews with men and women of the Church, and political and social figures featuring topics of special interest.
– The current international scene, with special emphasis on questions relevant to Christians and the life of the Catholic Church.
– The activities of the Holy See, including diplomatic efforts, humanitarian initiatives and cultural events.
– Social, political and religious topics at the center of public debate. Special attention is given to themes related to the defense of life and the family, social justice, bioethics, euthanasia, abortion, contraception, respect of human rights and religious freedom.
Union of Catholic Asian News (UCANEWS) (available in Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Indonesian)
The Union of Catholic Asian News (UCANEWS) is a news agency that covers matters of interest for the Catholic Church on the Asian continent. It was launched in Hong Kong in 1979. Since its foundation, it has become one of the largest Catholic news agencies in the world, as well as the largest in Asia.